Friday, October 23, 2009

Welcome to our home GoGoSuzyQ


We have added a new hen to our little family. Emmett and Harrison have decided that GoGoSuzyQ shall be her new name and so it is. She had a good day after an hour drive to our home on the other side of Tucson. Once introduced the rest of the girls were not pleased but over the course of the day they seem to be easing into the idea...very slowly. She is very sweet little girl, an Araucana, eats from my hand, sat on my lap and seems to want to be by my feet and I am just fine with that. She had watermelon and salad with the girls and I think her fair share of seed, little seedlings under the birdfeeders and more bugs that she could get. She was living in close quarters with several other hens on a lovely homesite in the NW Tucson area. Now she will have the freedom of a large yard- and lots of little buffets everywhere. So happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment